What is make a smile lottery?
By playing the Newlife lottery, you will make a real difference to disabled children and their families. Your gift means that we can continue to offer support to families and be there for them in a way that other services can’t.
make a smile lottery is our weekly lottery draw, a fun and exciting way to support Newlife while giving you the opportunity to win cash prizes. Each week you could be in with a chance of winning one of 142 prizes that are up for grabs!
1 x £1000, 1 x £250 and 140 x £10, Plus a rollover prize that if not won, goes up by £500 each week to a maximum of £25,000.
How the lottery works
• One entry in the weekly draw is £1. You can purchase multiple entries if you wish.
• You will be allocated a unique lottery number.
• Your number(s) will be entered into the draw each week, you can also purchase additional single tickets to increase your chances.
• The prizes are; 1 x £1000, 1 x £250 and 140 x £10
• The rollover prize of £500 is selected from random numbers and can rollover up to a maximum of £25,000.
• You don’t need to claim your prize, you will be sent a notification should you win, and your winnings will be transferred to your lottery account. If you don’t have an email, a cheque will be posted to the address we have for you, so make sure that we have your updated address.
• You must be 18 or over to join the lottery.
How to play the lottery
- By direct debit for as little as £4.34 per month.
• To pay over the phone please call the make a smile lottery office on 0300 303 4500 to arrange your membership.
• You can pay by debit card, sign up online or call our make a smile lottery office on 0300 303 4500.
• You can also pay by cheque £13 quarterly, £26 bi-annually or £52 annually.
• As we are a lottery, we don’t accept credit cards.
You can set up an online lottery account where you can take control of your lottery membership. Having an online account means you now can:
• Manage your online ticket purchases.
• Find your play numbers.
• Update your personal details & marketing preferences.
• View previous transactions and tickets.
• Store payment information to easily purchase your next lottery tickets.
• Withdraw winnings into your bank account!
It is easy to set up your online account.
1. Visit www.makeasmilelottery.org.uk/my-account
2. Enter your email.
3. Once you have entered your email address, you will receive an email which will enable you to reset your password.
Whether you’re a long-term supporter and feel like increasing your chances or you’re just feeling lucky, you can purchase single tickets for just £1 per play. The draw takes place every Friday, check the countdown on the make a smile lottery website for specific cut off time. Any tickets purchased after that time will be allocated to the following week’s draw.
Play & Save Reward Card
If you play make a smile lottery in support of Newlife, you will have access to several discounts at a variety of local businesses ranging from take-out restaurants to home and beauty. Your Play & Save Reward Card will be sent by email and if you use it regularly enough, you could save more than your annual lottery membership! Our Play & Save partners are constantly expanding.
Did you know that you can put yourself forward or nominate businesses to be one of make a smile lotteries Play & Save partners?
Contact the make a smile lottery office to get involved on 0300 303 4500.
Terms & Conditions
You must be 18 or over to play make a smile lottery. Please play responsibly. Responsible gambling
support: www.begambleaware.org. make a smile lottery is wholly owned by St Helena Hospice, a hospice
working with other hospices to raise much needed funds. Promoter: St Helena Hospice trading as make a smile lottery. St Helena Hospice Limited is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 4685 www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk. St Helena